A classic single player game written in Lua to teach myself as it's used by many in the game industry. This game was made using the LÖVE framework and imitates the classic arcade version.
- Implemented a menu system, local high score list, scaling difficulty
- Worked with the LÖVE game engine and learned the Lua language in the process
- Made extensive use of tables and utilized the Box2D physics engine for the ship and asteroids
- Imitated the original Asteroids game including the sound effects (laser, UFO), as well the increasing blip in the background
- Added a minor twist where the asteroids bounce off each other and change their trajectories
Project Download: Binaries